Sometimes, there is a need to print some important email attachment and you start facing issues preventing you from doing the same. Issues while printing an email is quite common and are experienced by a number of users. But what you need at such times is a way to fix the problem before it hampers any work of yours. There are certain simple troubleshooting methods that the users can try to fix the ‘can not print emails in Windows 10’ issue on their own. This article provides the users with some pretty easy ways to help them in fixing this problem.
How to resolve the issue ‘Unable to print emails in Windows 10’?
There can be different reasons as to why the users cannot print emails in Windows 10. The issue can be with your device, your email account or your printer. Based on what the actual reason is the troubleshooting for this problem can differ. Check out the various reasons and the solutions to fix them, one by one.
Issues with your printer- Sometimes issues with your printer such as outdated drivers, connection issue, etc can create issues while printing an email attachment. Check out a few ways to fix this problem.
1. Make sure the printer is connected to your device and to power system
You can manually check if there is no problem with your printer connection and that it is connected to your device and a power source both. If the connection is okay but you are still facing problems, try making a fresh connection.
Connect printer to computer
Turn on your printer and plug the printer into your computer using a USB cable.
- Click on Start button and go to Settings.
- Tap the Devices and select Printers & Scanners option.
- Select Add a printer or scanner. Name of your printer will appear.
- Click on your printer name and then select Add device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection.
2. Update the driver of your printer
A printer with outdated driver will not be able to print emails or any other document. To fix the problem, follow the steps given below and update your driver.
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Select Device Manager and under Printers locate your printer.
- Right click on your printer and tap on Update Driver Software.
- Click on Search automatically to search for driver updates.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Restart your computer after the process finishes.
3. Uninstall and then reinstall your printer driver
You can fix the email printing issues in Windows 10 by reinstalling the printer driver. The instructions for it are given here.
- Click on Start button and go to Settings.
- Tap the Devices and select Printers & Scanners option. Name of your printer will appear.
- Select your printer and click Remove device.
- Now open the Run window, type in printui /s /t2 and then press Enter.
- The Print Server Properties dialog window will appear.
- Select the printer driver that you need to uninstall.
- Tap the Remove button and select ‘Remove driver and driver package’.
- Click the OK button to begin the uninstalling.
You can then visit the manufacturing website of your printer and download drivers from there. After downloading, open the file and follow the instructions on the screen to reinstall it.
Issues with your Mail app or email account- Whether you are using Windows Mail app or an email application via your browser, issues related to your account or app can also create the printing issues. Basic troubleshooting to fix this has been discussed below.
1. Update Windows 10 Mail App
In case your mail app is not up-to-date, you might experience issues while printing emails. Follow the steps given below to update the app:
- Click on Start and open Microsoft Store.
- Select the More option and click on Downloads & updates.
- On the Downloads and updates page, choose Get updates.
- Follow the instructions on screen to install the downloaded updates.
2. Uninstall and then reinstall your Windows Mail app
If updating doesn’t fix things, you can reinstall the application to see if this resolves the problem. Follow the instructions given below for the same.
- From the Start menu, search and right-click on PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
- Copy and paste the following command in the dialog box that appears: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps | Remove-AppxPackage
- The uninstalling will begin automatically. Once it finishes, restart your device.
- Now launch Windows Store app and search for Mail and Calendar apps.
- Click on the Install button to start reinstalling the mail application.
3. Fix browser related issues if using email through browser
Follow the steps given below and then try printing email attachment again:
- Clear cookies and cache from your browser.
- Make sure the browser you are using is updated to its latest version.
- Disable temporarily unwanted extensions and plug-ins.
- Close unnecessarily open tabs and try printing email.
Issues with your device- Interference by a third-party installed in your device or a device with outdated OS can be problematic and create issues while printing a mail. Try the following to fix this.
1. Temporarily disable third-party program
For the duration that you are attempting to print an email, temporarily disable any program that might conflict with the functionality of your printer.
2. Download the latest system updates in your device
Make sure that all the important system updates are installed in your device. If not, follow the steps given below to update your Windows 10:
- Tap the Start button and go to Settings.
- In Settings, select the Update & Security tab.
- Click on Windows Update and updates if available will start downloading automatically.
3. Try using a different user account profile
If the methods given above do not seem to work, you can try using a different user account profile.
- Open your device settings and go to Accounts.
- Tap on the ‘Family and other users’ option and select ‘Add another person to this PC’.
- Provide a name and password to create a new account.
- Click on the ‘Change Account Type’ option and select ‘local’.
- Restart your PC and this time login with this new user.