It is normal having problems with a new iOS update by Apple. Recently, few users of the iPhone X reported having a problem with the irresponsive touchscreen. With the update, the touchscreen is not responsive anymore. To tackle the problem, our team has done the research and prepared the following ways. This article would be effective for those who are having such a problem in which iPhone X not responding to the touch screen after iOS 13.4 update.
iPhone X not responding touch screen: Troubleshoot
The touchscreen can be unresponsive to touches when you accidentally drop or place your phone inside a tight pocket. The touch screen failure can also be caused by the Damaged screen protector, dust and improper calibration. The installation of iOS 13.4 can also trigger a not responsive touchscreen (as per the latest queries). If the problem occurs with you, you can perform the solutions given below to deal with a not responsive touch screen on your iPhone X after updating to iOS 13.4.
Solution 1: Update the Apps (Clear the pending updates on your iPhone X)
The outdated app versions can affect the performance of the touchscreen of the iPhone X. They might cause relevant symptoms to occur like a not responsive issue by interacting with its function. The reason is that some apps might not be compatible with the new software update and might cause problems. Update all apps as given below to cure reported bugs and stabilize the performance:
- Tap on App Store from the Home screen to open it.
- Go to the Today tab at the bottom and choose the user profile icon on the top right corner.
- Scroll down to the Available Updates section.
- You can update individual apps or you can tap on Update All to update all apps.
- Restart your iPhone after updating all the apps.
The restarting helps to implement necessary changes and clear extra cache on the system. You can also uninstall unused apps so the phone’s internal memory can be consumed less. The unused apps might also corrupt and can affect not responding to the touch screen. You can also force restart your phone (steps are given below) for better results.
Solution 2: Restart (Trying Restart your iPhone X)
It is effective in fixing common post-update errors if we restart the device. A force restart can be executed which is easier to perform to get more impactful results. The force restart can be done as given below:
- To the Volume Up button, press and release it quickly.
- In the second step, Press and release the Volume Down button quickly.
- Now, Press and hold the Side button for a few seconds.
- Press it until you see the Apple logo.
With the completion of the reboot process, you can use your iPhone X as usual and check the error has been resolved.
Solution 3: Reset (Try resetting all the settings)
Sometimes the recent iOS update invalids the settings. Some information might invalidate by the changes as the installation of the update and overrides and cause the irresponsive touch screen problems. All settings reset to remove all customized settings might improve the chance of resolving the touchscreen problem. To restore all default values and options, follow the following steps:
- Access Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General and select Reset.
- Tap the Reset All Settings option.
- The phone will ask you to enter your device passcode.
- Tap to confirm all settings reset.
- Your iPhone will reboot automatically as the completion of the reset process.
Just when the iPhone restarts, test if the touch screen function has been back to normal. If the problem still persists, we’ve more two options for you.
Solution 4: Default factory Restore (Restore to the original configurations)
There are some stubborn glitches that arise on your iPhone X after iOS 13.4 update that could cause the not responsive touch screen. It is a good try to restore the default factory settings through a factory reset to wipe out all content. Doing this step will also delete your personal information. Before doing this step, you should create backups of your important files via iTunes or iCloud beforehand. Below you can follow the steps to factory reset your iPhone X:
- Tap on Settings from the Home screen and go to General.
- Select Reset.
- Next choose the option, “Erase all Contents and Settings”.
- You’ll have to provide your device passcode.
- Enter the password and confirm all settings reset.
- Your phone will restart on its own as the completion of the reset process.
Set your device again as your phone will become a new one and check if the not responding issue has been rectified.
Solution 5: Recovery mode Restore via iTunes
This is not enough, as we’ve one more advanced solution to deal with them. Deleting all software flaws by restoring the iOS on your iPhone X is allowed by a Recovery mode restore. You’ll need to prepare a Mac or Windows computer with the latest iTunes installed. Connect your device to the computer using the lightning cable and allow iTunes to sync with your iPhone and backup files. Follow the following steps to put your iPhone X in recovery mode:
- Press and release the Volume Up button quickly.
- Press and release the Volume Down button quickly.
- Then press and hold the Power/Side button once prompted with Connect to iTunes screen.
- Press the button when the Apple logo appears to enter the recovery mode state.
- You’ll see either Update or Restore option, once you enter the recovery mode.
- If you want to reinstall and download iOS on your device without erasing data, Select Restore.
- Keep your phone connected until the completion of the entire restoration process.
Other options for iPhone X not responding touch screen
Another advanced solution could be a DFU mode restore which might help in removing fatal system errors like iPhone X not responding touch screen. It allows your device to communicate with iTunes even when the bootloader is not sync or activated. You can only perform this process as long as your phone has not incurred any physical stress as accidental dropping or liquid damaged. Else it could result in a permanently broken iPhone. Here are the steps to perform this:
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using the Lightning cable.
- Press and quickly release the Volume up button.
- Next, Press and quickly release the Volume down button.
- Press and hold the Side/Power button until the screen goes black.
- Press and hold the Volume down button while keep holding down the Power/Side button for 5sec.
- Release the Power/Side button but keep holding the Volume down button until your iPhone shows up in iTunes.
- Once you see your iPhone in iTunes, release the Volume down button then follow the rest of the on-screen instructions to start restoring your iPhone through iTunes.
What if still the iPhone X not responding touch screen?
You can contact Apple support or you may visit the nearest Apple service center in your area if the problem still persists and none of the above solutions fixed the not responding screen on your iPhone X. The technician of Apple Support or a Service center can also examine your device for possible hardware damage. You can ask for a replacement if your phone still has a warranty or ask if a replacement is still applicable.